Live worship is back in the building beginning April 18th! We’re excited about that, but things will be different for a while to keep everyone safe. Here’s what to expect when you worship at church:
· There will be one service at 9:30 AM.
· Space is limited, so you’ll need to reserve a spot each week at Office@MarengoUMC.org. Tell us how many are in your immediate family sitting with you. (If you don’t make a reservation, there might not be enough room for you.)
· If you’re 65 or older or have heart or lung conditions, you need to be fully vaccinated to worship live. Otherwise you may still worship online, because that will continue. If you feel ill, please worship online.
· Please use the main entrance on Washington Street, the only entrance available. Our friendly greeters will check your temperature and ask a few basic health questions. Also, expect a short wait because of this.
· Basic safety protocols will be observed: masks will be worn, social distancing, no contact, and no singing for now.
· The sanctuary windows will be open for healthy air circulation, transparent barriers will be placed in the aisles, and several pew cushions will be removed. Sit only on the cushioned pews with your immediate family to maintain healthy separation.
· For now we can’t pass the offering plates or take communion, but you may place your offering in the baskets by the door.
· There won’t be nursery or Sunday School just yet.
· There won’t be refreshments after worship just yet.
· Extra masks and hand sanitizer will be available.
Thank you so much for your understanding. We know this isn’t ideal, but we feel it’s a responsible way to love one another and keep each other safe. We look forward to a time when these protocols can be relaxed, and hopefully soon, but for now we’re grateful we can worship this way. God bless you.